– The first American in my family. My family is from England and I love the fact I have this heritage, while I am building my own history in America.
– A California native, but wish I lived somewhere with all four seasons.
– Pursing a Bachelors Degree in Creative Writing, with the goal of becoming an editor, as well as continuing my career as a writer.
– Actively involved in my local church, NewLife Assembly of God in Canyon Country. I work with pre-school children in our Junior Kids Church.
– Happy to be one of the first Young Adult writers with Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc.
Here are a few other things to help you get to know me:
What is your writing space like?
I normally block everything out around me and plug into my music, that way it doesn’t matter where I am.
Where did you find the inspiration for your stories?
For Burning Bridges I was working on a trauma unit in my Sophmore High School English class and also going through personal trauma’s, and I figured I would be able to draw on personal feelings to build the characters and story line.
P.U.S.H. continues the story started in Burning Bridges, but is built off of the trauma of losing family. This is something we can all relate to, but not all deal with in a constructive way, and loss can shut us down to finding love in other areas of our life.
Hollywood is calling! How I would cast Burning Bridges.
Emmaline Rose/ Josie Jones: Emma Stone
Kirin Matthews: Zac Efron
Mackenzie Fitzhoward: Emma Watson
Evan Matthews: William Mosely
Lauren Matthews: Julianne Hough
Senator Jonathon Jones: Matthew LeBlanc
Abigail Jones: Julianne Moore
Do you listen to music while you write?
I don’t ever write without it. My iPod is filled with a variety of artists but my preference when I write is Classical/Instrumental. This way the lyrics don’t get in the way, and my creativity moves with the music.